Edward R. Slaughter
Download Outlook® vCard
EDWARD R. SLAUGHTER works as commissioner of accounts for Albemarle County, as well as doing some litigation work. He is currently of counsel for the firm. Ned was admitted into the Virginia bar in 1959, and into the District of Columbia bar in 1981.
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
- 1957-1959: Member, Editorial Board, Virginia Law Review
- AV®Preeminent™ - a certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies
- 1996: Distinguished Lecturer under a Fulbright Grant, sponsored by the American College of Trial Lawyers, The United States Information Service (USIS) and the Faculté des Science Juridiques, Politiques et Sociales, Tunis (University of Tunis II)
- 1970-1977: Visiting Lecturer in Trial Advocacy and 1986-1991: Virginia Procedure,
University of Virginia Law School
- 1979-1981: Special Assistant for Litigation to Attorney General of the United States
- 1993—Present: Member and 1995-2001: Chairman, Standing Committee on Commissioners of Accounts of the Judicial Council of Virginia